Peanut Butter Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free, on a gluten free, grain free, mostly dairy & sugar free diet. Yup!
These luscious cookies are a major splurge, respect them. Have them once in a blue moon. Peanut Butter Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free are the easiest thing to make ever. Our easy coconut flour cookie recipe can be adapted so many ways and is quickly becoming a vital staple in a gluten free, casein free, truly low carb, zero sugar, GAPS friendly, Paleo/Primal without the worldview, diet! Peanut Butter Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free are packed with protein and fiber, and fills you up with a small amount, making it both healthy and yummy!
While there is no sugar in the dough, if you choose to add the optional chocolate chips, they DO add some sugar, depending on what type you use.
When you first start working with coconut flour, it is a little different. Realizing that helps you begin to take recipes and customize them to fit your tastes. So first, a couple of ground rules to help you be more successful.
- Coconut flour is very dense. You will use far less than you would with regular wheat flour, or other gluten free flours.
- Coconut flour absorbs moisture very fast. You may need more liquid in the recipe you are using
- Coconut flour is very versatile and has a great flavor range. As you use it, you will begin to experiment and discover what you can do with it.
- Coconut flour should be stored in an air tight container, in the fridge
- Be bold, experiment, come up with new ways to use it and recipes, all of us GF people will celebrate with you!
Now on to our happy Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free recipe.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
Mix well, set aside.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (can use any CF milk, almond, etc.)
- 4 eggs, preferably free range and organic
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 dropperfuls of Vanilla liquid stevia
- Optional: 1 cup dark chocolate chips - can use dairy free
Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or stone.
In a food processor, whip the 6 eggs thoroughly. Add coconut milk in, starting with 7 drops of liquid stevia. Pulse several times to thoroughly mix. Add peanut butter/and butter, then pulse several times to blend.
Add dry ingredients and pulse gently to mix. Taste the Peanut Butter Cookie dough and see if your flavor is in range, if you are comfortable tasting a raw egg (which is why you want to use free range organic - not cheapie mass produced grocery store eggs).Feel free to adjust your stevia, adding a few more drops if necessary.
Once your flavor is adjusted to suit your taste, add chocolate chips and stir. Drop spoonfuls onto baking stone and bake for 20 minutes. Cool and enjoy! Or, if you are making plain Peanut Butter Cookies ~ Grain & Sugar Free then take a fork, press into a cross pattern on the cookie.